Not being paid everything you have earned? As an Iowa employee, you have rights that are protected by both state and federal laws. If you are being taken advantage of and are not receiving the pay you have earned, let our attorneys help protect your rights and hold your employer accountable.
Employers somtimes cross the line, requiring their employees to perform certain duties without the benefit of compensation or regard for the law. An employer might expect an employee to:
- Work through or be on call during a lunch break.
- Expect an employee to work from home after hours.
- Travel between two sites on own time.
- Work overtime when employee is exempt or salaried.
- Train without pay.
- Work so often that safety is an issue.
- Work more than allowed by a medical recommendation.
- Ignore wage and hour regulations in professions such as the trucking industry.
- Exceed hours allowed to write down for pay.
Employers may violate the wage and hour laws because they lack knowledge of their obligation to the employee, while some employers blantantly ignore the law. Regardless of the reason, an employee’s rights must be upheld. If you are having trouble with an employer violating wage and hour laws, contact the Law Offices of Stoltze & Stoltze, PLC for help.