The actions you take after a workplace injury can significantly impact your chances of success in obtaining workers’ compensation benefits. If you have questions about what do to after a workplace accident, the attorneys at Stoltze & Stoltze, PLC, can help. We are proven advocates for work injury victims in Des Moines and throughout surrounding Iowa communities.
Contact us today at 515-244-1473 to arrange a consultation with an experienced Des Moines work accident attorney.
Helping You Achieve A Successful Workers’ Compensation Claim
Every workers’ compensation case is different, but following are a few general guidelines that can improve your chances of success.
- Act quickly: You must notify your employer of your injury within 90 days of the accident.
- Identify witnesses: If possible, make note of any co-workers or other people who witnessed the accident. Their testimony could be needed in future legal proceedings.
- Let your doctor know you are being treated for a workplace injury: Your doctor must know your injury is covered by workers’ compensation so he or she can provide adequate documentation and so the billing is sent to the appropriate party.
- Make sure your injury is thoroughly documented: You must have documented evidence of all the ways in which your injury affects you and impacts your ability to work, and document every body part involved.
- Consult with a workers’ compensation attorney: The sooner you can talk to a knowledgeable lawyer about your case, the better chance you have of avoiding pitfalls that could delay or deny your compensation.
Contact Our Des Moines Work Accident Lawyers
If you need representation for a workers’ compensation claim in Iowa, we are here for you. Contact us today online or by telephone at 515-244-1473. We are available for weekend and evening appointments, are conveniently located near the Des Moines civic center, and work with Spanish and Bosnian translators.